Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Peanut Allergy or Amoxicillin rash?

My little sweetheart has a rash all over her. She has been on Amoxicillin since Friday night, her last dose was Mon. Night. She had an ear infection. I forgot to give it to her on Tues. morning. I went to work in the office at Jon's mom's house and she found a peanut. She was eating it and we tried to get out all we could. Then a few hours later. The rash began! My doctor says that he thinks it is most likely from the peanut. We will wait one more year and go to an allergist. In the meantime we avoid peanuts or nuts. Take a look at the photos and let me know what you think!












2 comments:

M Occasionally B said...

Oh my goodness! Poor Natasha. I hope she is ok now or at least getting there...

Jones Family said...

My heart missed a beat when I read this. I really hope it isn't a peanut allergy ... but at least I could be a source of information for you. Both times Paige has eaten a peanut she got a rash like that (among other things), within two hours of eating it. I think your doctor gave you good advice to avoid nuts and take her to an allergist. Email me if you want to talk about it more.
Even with that rash, she is a cutie!