Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Time Flies!

I am so shocked at how this term is now so relevant to my life! I just had my little baby, right? No, she is 8months old already. And then, I look at my oldest ready to go to 1st grade and I can't believe it! Where has the time gone? Each year it seems that it is going by faster. Why can't I be in the slow lane? I so enjoy this time with my little ones.

On a side note, yesterday my oldest says that she will never have a boyfriend. She is almost 7 years old. I said, "Well, you can date when you are 16...in group dates." She says, " I will wait till I am 17! and then if a boy comes to the door...I will run and say ewww...and hide in my room!" I told her that I will remember this and hold her to it. I am not ready...what will I do when she is ready to date at 16? Maybe, I could just lock her in her bedroom. Then that would help her, right?... skip the saying ewww and running to hide. I will just tell her it was her idea at age 6.

Anyways, I was thinking that while our lives are going by us so fast, why is it that most people get so annoyed at traffic? Aren't we all going a little fast, anyways? It was really funny today, I was driving through an area that is set apart for the elderly. (65 and up living community) There is a golf course that runs through it, with little lakes with ducks. Well, as I was driving, I came around a corner and traffic had stopped. There were about three cars sitting there and me. I watched these three cars, all full of elderly people. All of them had smiles on their faces and a look of serenity. They were watching a group of about 10 ducks cross the street. Now, if it had just been a driver going really slow, I don't think that they would have had such cute smiles. Maybe these elderly, duck watchers, are wise and they have finally figured IT all out or maybe it was just these ducks had magical powers. :-)

It just made me laugh to think of the difference between traffic with impatient and then the complete opposite of duck watching. I also smiled at these ducks, taking there time to cross the road to get to the pond. Sometimes... I think that if we just took a little time, slowed down, try to enjoy the scenery maybe it wouldn't seem like...

Time flies.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I loved your comment over at Metropolitan Mama. I too am a member of the LDS church. Thank you for sharing your testimony in that way :)

Anonymous said...

Hi there! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. Your post reminded my of one of my favorite children's books -Make Way For Ducklings... have you read it? Isn't it crazy how time flies when you have a baby. I feel like it was only a week ago when I was holding a tiny newborn in my arms. Now my little one is getting ready to walk!

Stephanie said...

Yes, time passes by so quickly. I can't believe my youngest is already 5 1/2 months old. And my oldest grows wiser and more beautiful every day...

stephanie@metropolitanmama.net