Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Plane ride to see Jesus?

Today we went to Natasha's 2 week apt. and she was 8 lbs and 4.5 oz. She was 20 and 1/8 inches long. She is growing!! Sometimes, I wish that they stayed small for a little longer. It is my favorite part...a newborn baby. It makes me cry every time when I see how fast that they are growing. Anyways, Here are the pictures of baby Natasha at the hospital. It was funny because I emailed the photos from the actual web nursery and they got her birth date wrong. It is Dec. 30th and not Dec. 31st.











I also wanted to share a conversation today that I had with Brigham.
Brigham: Mom!
mom: What!
Brigham: What is the thing that flies us up to Jesus?
Mom: What Brigham!
Brigham: I don't know what makes us go up to Jesus when we die?
Mom: Brigham that is a great question, Mom has not ever died before and I don't know all the details. I have to admit it caught me off guard. How do you explain death to a four year old. I will call dad to see what he says.
Dad: Well, Brigham let me see how I can answer your question. He first tried to explain about his spirit, but that just went over his four year old head. Then he said that Jesus might just hold his hand, and if it wasn't Jesus it would be a relative. Mom,Dad, Grandma or Grandpa, or maybe all of us.

This gave me an opportunity to talk to him about our eternal family and that we will all be together someday is heaven. I got into his lesson on Sunday about Choosing the Right. I told him that is the reason that we need to Choose the Right so that we can all be together someday. I asked him if he wanted to be in heaven with all of his family and he said yes.

This seemed to answer his question. I think he was hoping that he could take a plane trip to see Jesus after we die. I was impressed with daddies answer. I have never really thought about how we would actually get there. Leave it up to a four year old to think of the details. lol.

3 comments:

Sarah Webb said...

Those are great pictures! They look professional. Cute baby!

And that conversation was sweet too.

Darcee said...

I found you guys! I love the pics of Natasha. She is soooo cute! I'm so glad that I got to see her the other day. I loved your recent conversation with Brigham. Don't your kids just make you smile every day?

Myers Mayhem said...

One day in church Parker randomly asked if he could take the money out of his piggy bank and buy a space ship rocket to fly up to see jesus. This story totally reminded me of that. I love how their little minds work! too funny!